In my dim and distant past I used to work for the Cleese founded company video arts, good to see he's still on form.
Insightful little video about creativity.
Space and time to think and breath is a necessity not a nicety.
- Create boundaries of space and time
- Let your subconscious work (Sleep on it)
- Once you've created space, use constraints to drive delivery
"To know how good you are at something requires the same skills as it does to be good at that thing, which means if you are hopeless at something you lack the skills to know that you are hopeless… This explains a great deal of life … particularly Hollywood" -John Cleese
Don't Kill Creativity
- Be careful about the creativity you kill because you don't understand what you're killing.
- Be aware, most people don't know when they don't know
- Know what you are good at, belief alone is not enough (what evidence do you have?)
- Be sure you are really qualified to kill or claim an idea